Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Project Life: Jan. 7-13 and 14-20

I'm going to go ahead and post two weeks of Project Life today.

I started with the first week and remembered that this was the week I was faced with not many pictures and not much to say.  Or at least that's how I felt when I was planning the pages.  Then I realized I had a big story to tell, even though I didn't have any pictures for it.  So I switched to a page protector that would work better for journaling.


The page on the right is a Snap protector with two 4x4 spots and one 2x8 spot.  It has proven to be one of my favorite sizes, even though the 2x8 can be a little awkward to use.  But I used it here to add some journaling.  It was a week of rain and snow, gloom and dark, which is what my few pictures all revolved around.  But the one bright spot was the news of Crystal's new job, so I'm glad I had a space where I could highlight it.


I then did the same thing on the other side for the next week, using the 2x8 for some journaling about our weekend visit with friends.  It looked a little plain, so I cut some flags for the top border. As I said, there is not much room for product, so I have to fit the small embellishments wherever I can.


This day of the week notepad came from the Target dollar spot, just like the calendar I used yesterday.  I just cut a sheet to fit the 4x4 spot and used it as a week-in-review space for the weekdays.


The second page is six 2x2 spots, perfect for Instagrams. This was the first weekend when I really started using Instagram, so I wanted to use the small size.  I cut a larger 8 1/2 x 11 sheet (available here) to size for this page.  I printed the photos by putting six Instagram images onto a 4x6 sheet in Photosheet.

That speeds us through January.  I'll be back tomorrow with the next week. 

1 comment: