Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit hop! If you are hopping with us, here is some navigation info, for your reference:

Where you were: Lesley     http://ohblogitifyoucantbeatthem.blogspot.co.uk/
Where you are: Rebecca   http://howiburb.blogspot.com/
Where you will go: Lisa E http://lisae-design.blogspot.com


Using April's challenge #1, we're all showing projects inspired by this picture:

                                            
And here's my project:


So, I knew there was nothing in my kit to use as a direct interpretation of the picture, so I started looking for other angles.  I sort of saw the picture in quadrants and that made me think to use four 6x6s as my background 12x12.  And if you flip the tree to the other side, that's sort of how I arranged my page, with one side filled and the other side partially open. 

I'm enjoying these unlayered looks and have a Pinterest board with some collected inspiration pages.  I didn't directly scraplift a single page, but I definitely took pieces of several recently added pages on my pin board, including pages from Debbie Hodge, Jen Jockisch and others.  It's a fun look, and I'm having fun playing with the unlayered arrangement.


To understand the title, you have to know The Blogess and her Beyonce the Giant Metal Chicken story. When we took a trip to Amish Country last fall and saw this metal chicken in a garden at one of our stops, we had to get a picture - It's Beyonce in simpler times, and she won't ever need electricity or a telephone.  And I've left room for the full title, which I will add later now that I've taken the pictures :), because it's an oft used phrase around here.


I added a few little things that weren't in my original kit. I was just having fun adding random shiny bits! 

And these washi tapes are new, too. I had a moment of weakness and bought a deal for 12 rolls of MME tapes. It arrived on my doorstep earlier this week as I was working on this page and they just sort of creeped onto my work space.


I knew I wanted to get away from my little Project Life pages and back into some regular pages, so I'm glad I could start on these pictures.  I'll have several more pages to do for this trip, and maybe that will keep me busy in the near future.
Alright, next stop is Lisa at http://lisae-design.blogspot.com - don't miss her project and the rest of the group on the second half of the hop.  Here's the full hop order, in case you hit a bump along the way.   Be sure to visit all the stops!

CKCB              http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Lisa H             http://lisahausmann.blogspot.com 
Leslie             http://lcsmithsaved-outofthemire.blogspot.com/
Lisa E             http://lisae-design.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE all the bits and bobs on your page, my eyes keep finding more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh interesting take on the inspiration - everyone comes away with something different, it seems. And I agree with Lesley - what fun bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the embellishments you have added. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never thought of looking at the photo in quadrants. So many wonderful elements on your page. I particularly love the grommets and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire the unlayered look in photography still-lifes. Hadn't thought to bring that to the craft. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the divided into 4 idea.It works on this layout.That chicken is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As long as you are inspired, we are happy! Love the gems stuck on the layout...super cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful details.....I spent ages studying this one! I adore the twine and the rings...and as for the brads....divine!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you interpreted the picture as divided into 4 quadrants. Lots of great details on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the 4 blocks of design work so well and what a great story behind the layout - hope you have all that captured! The pretties all over the page are just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha - what a great subject to scrap! Fab page with loads to enjoy.

    Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete