Monday, April 8, 2013

Project Life: Dec. 31-Jan. 6

I am happy to say:
I've caught up on my Project Life!
I am up to the current week, except for the month of December.  It will be in its own album as my December Daily.  But the rest? It's done!

I'm going to post a week per weekday over the next 3 weeks, starting today with the first week in my new album.

First, a couple of notes about the way I'm doing things:

1. I am just going to call this thing "Project Life." I've struggled with calling my project by that "brand name," since I don't use any of the brand name's product and don't even use the same size album.  But when I look around at other blogs and message boards, it seems like the style has taken on the brand name, just like we call a tissue a Kleenex.  I'm not going to fight it.  I do Project Life.  There.  I feel better.

2. Another note about my album: I've mentioned it in other posts, but just in case anyone cares......I use a stamp storage binder from Hobby Lobby.  I started this project in this size before all the similarly sized albums were unveiled a few months ago.  I thought I would change to a Snap binder, since it sounded like it was the same size, and it would be nice to not have to punch holes in every page protector.  But when I saw it in the store, I knew I'd have to stick with my stamp binder.  Here's a comparison between ring sizes of my binder vs. the Snap binder:

I went ahead and bought the Snap binder for my December Daily. I think my book will be smaller this year, so it should work for that one month. And I've switched to using several Snap protectors for variety. But I'd need to buy at least two of those binders to fit the same amount of pages as my one binder, so I'm sticking with the big one.

The week of Dec. 31 - Jan. 6 was pretty ordinary, so I have a lot of ordinary pictures.


I started with a 4x6 insert for our New Year's Eve and the end of my dad's visit for the holidays - I decided to just make a collage to include all these pictures.


These were webcam screen captures from the webcams at/near our resort in Mexico. After all the snow and bad weather around the holidays, our vacation was all we could think about, and the webcams helped us get through the bad weather. 

I found the weekly notepad in the Target dollar spot.  It's perfect for a 6x6 protector and doing some week-in-review journaling.  I'll use these sheets throughout the year as needed.


I love this picture and wanted to highlight it.  It's Crystal and Junior, looking at a scrapbook in my scraproom.  It feels good to have someone look at your work, doesn't it?

Finished up with random pictures of the week and the date card. Done and done.

I'll be back tomorrow with the next week.  Thanks for stopping today!

3 comments:

  1. Hello! What is the brand of the stamp binder you are using for your Project Life album? Also, what inserts fit into it? I bought a Becky Higgins 6x8 PL album because I love this size compared to the scary 12x12 album and this is my first go with documenting my family's life, but the rings look teeny compared to yours. Also do these come in other colors? Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara! I used a stamp storage binder, found in the stamp area at Hobby Lobby. It's available online, too, at http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/clear-stamp-storage-binder-522730/ . I got a full year in 2 binders. They're much bigger than any of the SS/SC/BH albums. Only available in black, though. Give it a try! I've been happy with all projects I've done in this album.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and to use the other brand inserts, you just have to punch new holes to fit this binder.

      Delete