Friday, April 6, 2012

April Counterfeit Kit

I’m back! I have been scrapping in dribs and drabs, but it hasn’t been much to blog about. It’s definitely going to be a challenge to get back into the blogging work, but I’m ready!

After our vacation and busy March, I’m back with a Counterfeit Kit for April. The original kit photos and details are listed on yesterday’s CKC blog post. As soon as Meridy and Bethany passed along the details of this month’s inspiration kit from Kits de Somni, I was thrilled by the colors! It’s a real awakening to go along with the spring that’s popping up all around us. And these are the colors that I’ve been drawn to in recent purchases, so while I don’t have these exact items, I do have lots of these colors!

And here is my take on the kit:

Papers are MME, Kaiser Craft, Jillibean Soup (had to throw that April 2012 piece in there,
even though it’s more pastel than my other papers),
Bella Blvd., and a couple that I don’t know the origin.


Alphas are Jillibean, AC Thickers, and Pebbles.I pulled some colorful ribbons and made some flowers from some silk flowers I had on hand. I don’t use a lot of flowers – mostly I just wanted an excuse to use those little bunny-head brads as the flower centers.

I found this sheet of cut-outs in a DCWV Snapshot Stack, and I thought all the
yellows and blues, and the cameras and tickets would work well in my kit. 
 Not pictured are my doilie embellishments - sorry, minor technical difficulties there.  But I've started working on some Zentangle flowers to add to the doilies. Have you ever heard of Zen Tangle?  I had heard of it, but after a meditation/zen tangle class last weekend, I'm hooked.  If you haven't heard of it, just google it; You'll find all sort of tangles, a meditative, artsy form of doodling.  I'm a constant notebook doodler, but this form has a bit of structure and focus on peace that I like.  Like I need another hobby!  But as soon as I started one, I thought I could work in some doodling/art journaling into my kit this month.  I'll add that picture later today when I get back to my work computer (where the pics are :)).

Looking forward to getting back into the kit world. Thanks for looking!

ETA:  Eek!  I forgot to post the directional information......If you're hopping through all the Master Forger kits, your next stop is Susanne at Snaps and Snippets. Happy hopping!

12 comments:

  1. cant wait to see your zetangles! I have heard of it but am not much of a doodler! Good kit! Hope you ease back in with us, I know how it is to be out of it for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I spy some Bella Blvd. I added some to my kit and wish I had done more - that paper just exemplifies spring. I like your added goodies too - can't wait to see what you scrap this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Rebecca - welcome back to counterfeiting - have fun with the doodling too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bright, fun kit! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your journaling cards!! Great kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What a lovely, spring-feeling kit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kit is so pretty! I can't wait to see what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful kit! I love the papers you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your fun alphas and embellishments that you added to your kit.

    ReplyDelete