Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!! January Counterfeit Kit

Glad to be back to start 2013!

Today I have just a quick post for the January Counterfeit Kit. I'll be back later this week - after holiday houseguests leave and some decorations are put away - and hopefully will get to play with my kit soon.

I'm at the end of the Master Forger kit hop.  Click here to start from the beginning and to see the full list of Master Forgers for 2013.  We're welcoming lots of new faces for the new year!

This month's inspiration kit from Paperissues, with lovely blues, pinks and reds.....
The start of my kit - I decided to raid my December Daily kit for anything not-so-holiday looking and looked for similar blues, greens and pink/reds from the inspiration kit. Definitely not the same colors, but these papers from the Crate Peppermint Twist line have that same Crate style/feel as the inspiration kit's contents.

I looked for other papers to add and decided on the pretty neutral Pink Paislee line. I added some travel/journal-theme items, because I'm hoping to finish my summer vacation pages this month. I didn't have a string of sequins like the inspiration kit, but I did have this jar of loose sequins. Maybe I'll string them together, maybe I'll sprinkle them around a page....who knows?
Please do visit the CKC blog for more information about this month's challenges and special news for the new year!  There's nothing like January to get us all excited for new beginnings, fresh challenges, and motivation to meet goals and resolutions. Hope you play along and add your work to the month's Mr. Linky and find the inspiration you need to get started on some great projects!

19 comments:

  1. Thats a great idea to raid whats left of your Dec Daily Kit! Love those little sequin stars and hearts... way cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy kit - love the colours.

    Happy New Year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kit, Rebecca! I chose some of those same papers for my kit, too-but I am coveting your sequins! LOL thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. journey and adventure - oooh I like that and i love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you used browns in your kit too! Love that! Such a great kit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you've put together a counterfeit that will be of use to you in finishing your summer pages! Amazing at the variety of kits from that one original inspiration - happy scrapping :~D

    ReplyDelete
  7. The sequins are a perfect addition. I might have to add some into mine. I'm such a copy cat!! Great start to the year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely kit Rebecca.I have flair envy now - they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooo! Love those sequins! Looking forward to seeing how you use them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flair...those look like compasses - perfect for your vacay photos. So excited to be part of the team.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've created something different here. Looking forward to seeing it in action!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, it looks great, I like the travel theme. Especially the travel ribbon. And the sequins should be fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many sequins! love it! Your kit is very beautiful and I can't wait to see what lovely creations you'll be making with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the colors in your kit. I don't think I will be joining in this month but looking forward to getting back into it in Feb.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colors you've chosen! I really want that Pink Paislee collection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh. I do love sequins! What a fabulous addition to an already amazing kit :)

    ReplyDelete