Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday Tried and True Pin: A 1-Page Sketch

My tried-and-true pin for this week is a sketch.  It was perfect for some pictures from our vacation, another page using my Counterfeit Kit.


This sketch came from Scrap That Baby. I was surprised to see the content of that blog (all about scrapping kids under 4-years old), since the 3 pictures I had used for my page were actually baby pictures, too.  That might not be quite as much of a coincidence if you usually do kid pages, but I rarely have pictures or stories of babies. Just a happy coincidence, I guess.

And here's my page. Sorry for the white box faces - need to keep baby private, since he's not mine :). We took this vacation with my friends from college, and baby is the newest, cutest addition to the group. We just haven't had a lot of kids within our group, so the baby was passed around and squeezed and cuddled quite a bit.


Finally used the stars and buttons from my September kit, along with some other Jillibean circles and letters.  The woodgrain paper is from my kit, and the other Simple Stories and Jillibean papers are scraps from previous kit months. I inked the edges of the circles with red, yellow and blue inks but then topped those colors with a brown ink so they weren't so bright.  The red dots are Want2Scrap, and I've been using them like Frank's Red Hot Sauce lately.
So, another Pinterest success story for me! Want to follow?
Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Love the sketch AND your take on it. Really like the idea of breaking up your journaling on those circles vs. using them as embellies. Great journaling idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch and layout....I feel inspired <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the playfulness of all that clustering along the bottom. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the woodgrain with the floral! One of my favorite combos! Very nice page!

    ReplyDelete