Friday, July 6, 2012

July Counterfeit Kit

It's the 6th of the month and that means it's time to show our Counterfeit Kits.  Here is the hop order:

Guest Designer: Sherri (Welcome back, Sherri!)
Rebecca  (You are here)
Susanne  (Next stop in the hop)

I was super excited to see this month's inspiration kit from Citrus Twist.  For all the kit making I've done, I haven't ever purchased a pre-made kit.  This one may be the first, if anything is left by the time I try to purchase.  The colors and items in the kit are just totally me.  I don't own a single stitch of the inspiration kit's contents, but I was able to find pretty close substitutions for most items in the kit.
 
My papers - lots of DCWV, some WRMK and MME, and a piece of wood veneer paper from Creative Imaginations.
It looks like a lot of blues, but there are more shades of orange and red on the reverse side of some of the papers.
 
I found several scraps in my scrap bin that I wanted to throw into this kit.  Instead of cutting my own thought
bubbles, I found a DCWV sheet with printed bubbles and a printable I printed and never used from a
previous kit.  The scrap bin is going to be really useful this month!

I picked several alphas and the "&" is representative of an alpha I will
make this month.  I added a couple of 6x6 pads, ribbons, fabric tape,
buttons (both handmade and from my stash) and wood veneer-
counterfeits. 
Like I said, I was able to make lots of substitutions, but there were a few things I needed to counterfeit, specifically an alpha, the wood veneers, and the buttons.  Rather than trying to explain in pictures, I have tried my hand at a video.  I will post that video later today or early tomorrow.   
 
So, have a great month! Be sure to add to the July Mr. Linky on the CKC blog, so we can all be inspired!  Also, check the Citrus Twist blog June posts for great inspiration for this month's original kit.

11 comments:

  1. Way to go for really counterfeiting the inspiration kit! I also have those DCWV papers, and I'm not sure how much of them are left. I really love that stack.
    Looking forward seeing your video and your beautiful creations with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you started with sweet and whimsical papers and then added some punch to it. Great way to construct the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful kit and I love those wood counterfeit shapes, can't wait to see your video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tha alphas, buttons and 6x6 pads! Great counterfeit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, as much as you love the original and would like to get your own, you made up a stunner! really wonderful counterfeit - i thought that first photo was actually the inspiration kit :-)

    I'll come back and check out your vid. too late now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning kit - off to check out that video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like how you've changed things up! Going now to check out your video :~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that blurb paper, too. I think LCSmithSAVED shared it with me! I'll have to pull it out and add it to my mix. Love your array of kraft letter stickers. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely kit - and it looks as though you've already started to make some amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete