Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dragons, Paczki and Packing

Happy Fat Tuesday!  Or, around here, Happy Paczki Day!

I had to stop at Buckeye Donuts to pick up a receipt. Darn.  So I had to get a Paczki, since it's Mardi Gras and all. The receipt wasn't ready, so I have to make another trip tomorrow morning.  Double darn.
And Happy New Year!

The Dragon team from Crystal's Tai Chi school.  It was a fun show. They performed 30 shows over the past few days. The New Year holiday keeps them busy!


The year of the Snake....Not sure what it means, but so far I think it's lucky for me: We left this Chinese New Year celebration on Sunday night, and I found a $20 bill! 

It's a busy week of anticipation around our house.  Vacation is coming, so most everything we do is in preparation for packing and traveling.  As I expected, between getting over a cold and the travel plans, I haven't accomplished any scrapping, so you won't see much work around here for the next couple of weeks.  I like my house to be pre-vacation clean , including my scrap room.  Now that it's clean, I don't want to make a mess.

So for now, we're just living life, and I thought I'd share a few Instagram pictures from the past week.  As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to use Instagram more regularly this year, and I'm hoping for good enough wireless reception at our resort to be able to post a few photos from Mexico.  If you'd like to follow along, I am Rldelo on Instagram. Also, you can now follow your Instagram feed from a desktop computer; Just log-in to your account to see that feed.
Until then, this is about as exciting as it gets around here.  Gas station news.  Anyone else as saddened by this news as I am?!?!
One last picture for today.  I have several posts to do regarding photo apps, but this one is quick and easy to share. The InstaWeather app will add a weather overlay to any of your pictures.  I paid the $1 for the pro version, which gave me several options for placement of the weather info onto the picture.  
This one worked perfectly on this picture I snapped last week.  I pass this sign at an art building on my way to work every day, and I finally got out of the car to take a picture.  Anyway, the weather overlays can be placed wherever they fit best on the picture, in several different formats.  Lots of fun for a Project Life picture, don't you think?
I'll get back to the scrapbooking related posts later this month, but thanks for reading today.  Have a great rest of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment