Saturday, November 24, 2012

December Daily Progress

Hi Everyone -

While I haven't been posting much this month, I have done some work for my December Daily project.  I thought I'd take a few pictures to show some of the progress.

I got my binder and started punching new holes in all the pages I plan to use.

I love this binder because of the big d-rings. Lots of room for a month of pages.
My pages will be 8 1/2 x 6, using 12x6 page protectors cut down to size. I cut page bases from the Frosty Cabin stack. The facing page will be a 2- 4x6 pocket page. I've pre-cut some 4x6 pieces for journaling, pictures or decorating; If I get really lazy, I can just print 4x6 photos and slide them right into the protector.  I found these 3-up protectors at Target on clearance for $1/pack. I just cut off the top slot so they would fit.

My inspiration collection includes some really cool page inserts.  I decided to cut my Webster's Pages paper to that insert-size, rather than making them page bases.  I'll use those pieces as needed in the book, too.
 
The binder comes with these plastic envelopes.  Instead of buying inserts, I just covered the plastic with more Frosty Cabin papers.  These inserts are handy for holding cards and other ephemera, and I'll place them where they're needed throughout the book.

Another plastic envelope.  I can also use the outside of each folder as an extra page for pictures, journaling or decorating, depending on what I need.
I have pre-made a couple of base pages, too, but I'm not worried about doing many more.  I'll put them together as my daily events and thoughts come together.  I'll post one of those pages later this week when we post some challenge work. 

Until then, enjoy your family time and turkey hangovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment