Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Route 40 Yard Sales - Here I Come!

It's time for my first big event of the summer. Today starts the Route 40 Yard Sale week/end. The sale starts the Wednesday after Memorial Day and ends that Sunday. I'm disappointed that I can't find much on the web about the national road sale; It looks like the antique store that was hosting the website is no longer active or participating. But it's an adventure, and I'm ready!

I am taking two days off to travel some of Ohio's Route 40 tomorrow and Friday. I had originally planned to use the two days to drive west into Indiana, but I have to come home for a meeting on Thursday night.

So here's the plan. I am most familiar with the area east of Columbus, so that's where I'll start on Thursday. It seems to be a pretty well developed area for the sales, and I think I'll have the best shot at finding sales that actually start before the weekend.

Friday I'll go west. I don't know how far I'll get or how dense the sales will be on Friday. But I don't have any time constraints except crossing back through Columbus during rush hour.

I'll upload some pictures as soon as I find anything picture worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment