Thursday, September 8, 2011

My September Kit

To see September's Counterfeit Kit Challenge, find all the info here.  The inspiration kit is the September 2010 kit from Sweet Peach Crop Shop

And here's my take on the kit:

I liked the blues and greens in the inspiration kit.  I was reminded of an old My Minds Eye (everyday tango) stack that has been kicking around (haha - tango.....kicking.....haha) my stash for several years.  I used a lot of the papers for a vacation album several years ago, but as often happens with stacks, it hardly looks like I put a dent in it.  So many of the papers will work this month, and I hope to use up as much as I can.  I even have a plan for card making with this kit, if I can get around to it!

I also included some other papers to work with this month - some Basic Grey, American Crafts, GCD Studios (I am loving grid paper as backgrounds right now), and cardstock (DCWV and Core'dinations).


I have a few embellishments pulled out for my kit - some rub-on stitching, some fall/themed metal pieces, and some ribbon.  But mostly I'm going to rely on making embellishments and alphabet sets with my kit contents this month.  I'm looking forward to some stamping challenges, and I have big plans for some foam to counterfeit the Thickers in the inspiration kit.

Looking forward to a month of creativity!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely looking kit - it will work well with a variety of photos and themes. I've only bought two paper stacks - I soon realised that unless I was making one large toning album I'd get bored with the papers before I'd use them up! (I still have over half the papers in each of them *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your Tango stack and your metal embellishments. We all have a ton of those. I can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great kit! I love those note worthy clips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are putting together a fun kit.
    Looking forward to seeing what you create with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like all your embellishments! Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good idea to use up that stack. I know what you mean about using them and they hardly look touched - I have a few K&Co that I really need to get used. Nice looking bunch of embellies too - This will all make great pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have plenty of pretties to work with - enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of your kit - the colours in that stack look like a great mix! It always feels good to get some of the old stuff used up. I love grid paper too but am trying not to buy any new stuff (must reist, must resist)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah the paper stack, I'm glad you were able to pull from that for your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your kit-what a great idea to pull a whole stack!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for the kit. The beauty of paper stacks, I've discovered, is they allow you to do alot of layering without feeling the guilt of covering up so much of the paper because usually the paper stack was cheap - and the papers all coordinate really well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking kit. That paper pack is one of my favorites and I love grids too!

    ReplyDelete