Sunday, June 12, 2011

Using My Counterfeit Kit

A few pages using my Counterfeit Kit:

Junior's first page, with a little bit of his story.  I used several Basic Grey Max and Whiskers papers.

Junior's adoption information. I printed his page from the shelter website onto a notebook paper from my stash and included his pic from the site and the pic of him in his cast.  Used more Max and Whiskers papers.


I made these letters from blank chipboard. I layered them with gesso, then layers of brown, green and red inks, and then glaze. I like how they turned out!

I used DecoArt Triple Tick Gloss Glaze several times recently - it's what I used on the letters above.  I like the shine and the thickness, and I'm just pretty taken with it right now.  It really gives an UTEE-like shine without the need for a heatgun.


My favorite Junior picture!


I printed these paisley papers and all the word tags from a digital kit at http://shabbyprincess.com/.  I painted the J and the chipboard tag and covered with glaze, to have something shiny to go with the glossy pictures.


One more look at Junior, and a close up of the digital paper.  I really like that paisley print and the muted colors that went well with other stuff already in my kit.
 I am the world's slowest scrapper!  But I've been having fun just playing with some of the techniques listed on this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog posts, without worrying about how to use anything I create.  I do have a couple of other pages near completion that I'll try to post this week.

5 comments:

  1. Great job! I love how you are using your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layouts. I like that you painted those old chipboard letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun layouts - Junior is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these-especially the title treatment on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHHH! These are great layouts and Junior is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete