I am linking this old post to the Pets in Your Home theme-party at Funky Junk Interiors. I'm late to the party, but I just found it, so hopefully I can still post. She lost a pet last week, and it reminded me of our little baby. Miss you every day, Owie :).
And by the way, I did paint the brass on the fireplace. It's now a hammered copper color, and it was a low-cost solution to that case of the uglies.
(1) Our Monster is indeed a monster. But we love her anyway (because she's microchipped and there's nothing we can do about it).
(2) I have the ugliest fireplace. I haven't died from looking at it, but it has made me grimace multiple times. Will somebody PLEASE get around to doing something about that hideous brass trim?!?! It's on the list.....